Chrome Web Store Money Management Apps and Extensions
Manage Money with Google Chrome Web Browser
The Google Chrome Web Store has free and paid money management apps and extensions. Extensions add features to Chrome and apps are basically short cuts to web sites with a single sign-on through your Google account.
To get these apps and extensions, open your browser and visit the the Chrome Web Store, then use the search box to find the financial apps and extensions.
- Savings Calculators: This app helps you determine how much you can save by cutting down on coffee, cigarettes, gas, lunch and commuting expenses. $1.99.
- Outright Small Business Accounting App: Automatically retrieves income and expenses from bank accounts, credits cards, PayPal, and online invoicing apps like Freshbooks and Harvest. Free.
- TurboTax Online Personal Income Tax Preparation: Simply opens up the TurboTax Online Free Edition web page. Perhaps more Chrome-specific enhancements are forthcoming. App is free, TurboTax Online is not if you need a version other than the Free Edition.
- Money Counter: Could come in handy when counting up money after a yard sale or a fund raising event. Enter the number of bills and coins to have the total amount calculated. $1.99.
- MoneyTrail.net: Online money tracking system for teens and parents, with mobile apps for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nintendo DSI. Free.
- Wikinvest Portfolio Manager: automatically imports your brokerage holdings into one view. Updates nightly and currently supports over 60 brokerages. Free.
- Google Finance: Real-time stock quotes, customizable charts, financial news, stock watch lists, stock screener and portfolio tracking. Free.
- Quickrr Currency Converter: Very simple currency converter that uses Google Finance real-time currency rates. Free
- Yendo Accounts: Online small business accounting software that handles invoicing, purchases, budgets, expenses and payments. Free Chrome app, and you can try a free limited Yendo account. Fully-featured accounts are affordably priced.
- Your Income: Time is money, and this extension shows you how much you've earned while counting hours, minutes and seconds. Ironically, this app is just a somewhat amusing waste of time. Free.
Another tip: If you do online banking, try searching for your financial institution in the Chrome Web Store. You just might find an app you can use.