Resume Example for Childcare / Social Services Worker
The following is an example resume for someone working in either childcare or social services.
Child Care / Social Services Worker Resume Example
Rod A. Weisner
32489 Widgeon Avenue
Mission, B.C. V2V 5C2
Home: (604) 555-2340
- Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently.
- Focused, versatile, dependable, multi-task oriented, flexible, positive, able to adapt effectively to challenging and emergency situations.
- Well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting and maintaining strong interpersonal relations. Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with the general public in a variety of circumstances.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively.
Unrestricted Class IV Drivers License
Bachelor of Science with Honors
Major: Behavioural Science; Canadian Union College
Minors: Counselling, Sociology
Level 1 Coaching Certification
Coaching Association of B.C.
Industrial First-Aid -- Level II Certification
St. John Ambulance
MISSION ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY LIVING, Mission, B.C. 20XX - Present
- Responsible for all aspects of the 20XX Recreation Program within the association.
- Duties include program implementation, scheduling of activities, coordination of participants, transport and supervision of participants to and from activities, and operating on a monthly budget.
Production Operations Worker & Industrial First-Aid Attendant
NORTHERN TELECOM, Burnaby, B.C. 20XX - Present
- Involved with the coordination and presentation of several health and safety-related projects.
- Knowledge and experience in Wave Solder Machine operations, Through-Hole, Assembly, SMT Inspection, Paste Machine, Conceptronic Operations, In-Circuit Testing, BPCS, and Shelf Manufacturing.
Teaching Assistant -- Introductory Techniques of Counselling Course.
CANADIAN UNION COLLEGE, Lacombe, Alberta. 20XX
- Critiqued and instructed counseling sessions using the Carkhuff method.
- Proctored examinations and graded students on final counseling sessions.
- Received Outstanding Teaching Assistant award.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND RELEVANT ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
MISSION MINOR BASEBALL ASSOCIATION 20XX
- Technical development coach of an 11-12-year-old Pee-Wee baseball team.
B.C. PARENTS IN CRISIS 20XX – 20XX
- Developed, promoted and facilitated this self-help modeled group.
- Connected parents with services and resources in their area that would assist them in dealing with their children's behavioral problems.
- Provided options, referrals to various resources and community agencies, and support for parents.
YOUTH TO YOUTH, Boulder, Colorado. 20XX
- Participated in a weekend intensive group therapy training seminar.
- Organized and led group activities and therapy sessions.