Calvin Klein Quotable Quotes About Marketing Sexuality, Sexy Brands
U.S. Retail Founder Quotations, What Calvin Klein Says About Sex and Marketing
What does Calvin Klein think (and say) about using sex in business, marketing and sales? The answer is clearly found in the quotable quotations from Calvin Klein, who is not afraid to talk openly and publicly about marketing sexuality and managing a sexy brand.
In July 2011, Calvin Klein (the company) launched a new advertising campaign for its women's lingerie with the tagline “designed to make a woman look even sexier than when naked.” Featuring one of the hottest supermodels on the planet, Lara Stone, some say the ads were too decadent, too racy, and too revealing.
But Calvin Klein (the man) no doubt thinks they're too perfect for Calvin Klein (the brand).
Calvin Klein (the label, the brand, the clothes, the company, the stores) has always been tuned into the sensuality vibe. Not only does sex sell well, it wears well, it smells good, and it sleeps soundly, according to the Calvin Klein founder, designer, and CEO, Calvin Klein.
While Klein's career started as a fashion designer, he joined the retail industry in 1987 when the first Calvin Klein franchised retail store opened in Dallas in 1987. Then in 1989 the first full-line free-standing brick-and-mortar Calvin Klein store also opened in Dallas to sell sportswear, lingerie, and sleepwear for men and women, as well as hosiery, shoes, outerwear, accessories, perfume and cosmetics - all Calvin Klein-branded, of course.
In 2011 there were different versions of Calvin Klein retail stores in 31 United States, and Puerto Rico.
While the merchandise mix in each store may be different, each Calvin Klein retail store is required to sell one thing that is the same - sex. Calvin Klein the founder seems quite proud of his personal sexuality, and even more proud to have his merchandise and name associated with sex.
Discover the mindset of Calvin Klein about marketing sexuality, product sensuality, and creating a brand that is sexy in more ways than one in these Calvin Klein quotable quotes.
Quotable Quotations from Calvin Klein about the Sexual Marketing, Advertising, and Sales of the Calvin Klein Brand and Merchandise:
- “I'm not a drug addict. My wild period wasn't about drugs; it was about sexual freedom.”
- "I've fooled around a lot. I stopped at nothing. I would do anything."
- “I'm more offended when someone's killed on television than when there's something that's sensuous or sexual. So what?”
- “I'm a sexual person, and that's reflected in my clothes and my advertisements.”
- “When I get into bed at night, I hope I don't get into it alone!”
- “The woman is totally different. She's really sexy, she's really healthy, attractive. She's got a body,”
- “I love women. I'm trying to do beautiful things with them. I'm not trying to insult them. My life is not about that.”
- “I think there's something incredibly sexy about a woman wearing her boyfriend's T-shirt and underwear.”
- “I'm not selling sex. I'm selling underwear and jeans, and I'm not trying to do it with pornography.”
- “It's hello to having a body, being a woman and being sexy and American, and I think the clothes reflect that.”
- “My men's-underwear print ads are very popular!”
- “People read things into my commercials that don't even exist.”
- “It's fun seeing my label on someone's behind - I like that.”
- “The only way to advertise is by not focusing on the product.”
- “The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural.”
“There are a lot of gay people in fashion, but it's not as if every gay person is a great creator.”
- “Anyone who is secure about herself shouldn't be threatened by the ads I do.” “What we're doing is fun - if you have any sense of humor at all!”
More Philosophy and Inspiration from Retail Leader Quotes
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries Quotes About Sexualizing a U.S. Brand
- Apple Founder Steve Jobs Quotes About Innovation
- Costco CEO James Sinegal Quotes About Strategic Planning and Operations
- JCPenney Founder James Cash Penney Quotes About Principles in Business
- McDonald's Founder Ray Kroc Quotes About Building a Fast Food Franchise