Stocks Live for iPhone and iPad has a ton of features for tracking investments and trades and the market with real time quotes and global market coverage. Here are some of the many features, a few require additional purchase:
- Search for and track stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, indexes and world currencies.
- Multiple currency support. View currencies over time or current value compared to another currency. Support for put/call options.
- Unlimited watch lists, and you can have thousands of stocks in one list if that's something you want to do.
- Sync and back up your portfolios and watch lists to iCloud.
- Chart viewer with several customization options.
- Buy and sell signals.
- Well over 100 news feeds.
- Research companies with information and data for fundamentals, technical analysis, events, earnings estimates, dividends, new, Tweets and competitors.
- Heat map of the market.
- Extended hours support.
- Set up what-if scenarios for your portfolio and compare your portfolio to any ticker.
02Real-time Stock Tracker + Alert
Real-Time Stock Tracker +Alert offers free real-time streaming quotes, portfolio tracking, and real-time market alerts. You can track more than one portfolio and multiple watch lists, global indices, futures and there's now a real-time price tracker for Bitcoin if you care to dabble in virtual currency.
Detailed stock information includes price and volume data, news and earnings for the past six quarters and the next earnings date (which you can add to your calendar). There are 10 technical indicators available, options, and advanced charting with support for U.S., Canadian, European and Asia Pac stock exchanges.
Stock Ratings is a free app for iPhone and iPad that helps you choose stocks for your portfolio and can help you decide when to sell, buy and hold stocks. Get a daily summary of analyst upgrades, downgrades, and new coverage every day the market is open along with earnings announcements and dividend news. Stock Ratings follows stocks on the NYSE, NASDAQ, Toronto Stock Exchange, and London Stock Exchange. You can also view historical ratings.
If you're into technical analysis, check out Stock TickerPicker, a charting app for iPhone and iPad. In addition to charts, the app offers real-time stock quotes, watch lists and for an optional small charge, "Insights" investment research. Supported exchanges include NYSE, Over the Counter, NASDAQ, London, Paris, Toronto and other foreign exchanges.
Customizable charting features include:
- 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200-day Simple Moving Averages
- Views with multiple time frames: daily, monthly, quarterly and more.
- Volume, RSI, MACD, Bollinger Bands and Fast/Slow Stochastics charts.
- Charts can be saved and viewed later.
- Quick zooming in and out.
The Best Stock Market Apps for iPhone and iPad
Download one of these stock market apps on your iPhone or iPad to keep track of investments, stocks you're watching and market news. Some apps let you paper trade a stock to take it for a trial run before putting real money behind it or track Bitcoin values.
Our Top Picks for iOS Stock Market Apps
For more details on each of our top four stock market apps for iPhone, check out each of the following pages.