The Best Stock Market Apps for the iPhone and iPad
Download one of these stock market apps on your iPhone or iPad to keep track of investments, stocks, and market news. Some apps allow a free trial period, where you paper trade a stock before putting real money behind it or track Bitcoin values. You can also find stock market apps for android phones.
Stocks Live for the iPhone and iPad has a ton of features for tracking investments and trades, and the market with real-time quotes and global market coverage. Some of the features include:
- Ability to search and track stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, indexes, and world currencies.
- Multiple currency support. View currencies over time or current value compared to another currency. Provides support for put/call options.
- Unlimited watch lists. You can have thousands of stocks in one list.
- Option to sync and back up your portfolios and watch lists to the iCloud.
- Chart viewer with several customization options.
- Buy and sell signals.
- Well over 100 news feeds.
- Ability to research companies with information and data for fundamentals, technical analysis, events, earnings estimates, dividends, news, and competitors.
- Heat map of the market.
- Extended hours support.
- Ability to set up what-if scenarios for your portfolio and compare it to any ticker.
Real-Time Stock Tracker + Alert
Real-Time Stock Tracker +Alert offers free real-time streaming quotes, portfolio tracking, and real-time market alerts. You can track more than one portfolio and multiple watch lists, global indices and futures, and there's a real-time price tracker for Bitcoin if you care to dabble in virtual currency.
Detailed stock information includes price and volume data, news, and earnings for the past six quarters and the next earnings date that you can add to your calendar. There are 10 technical indicators available, options, and advanced charting with support for U.S., Canadian, European, and Asia Pacific stock exchanges.
Stock Ratings is a free app for iPhone and iPad that helps you choose stocks for your portfolio and can help you decide when to sell, buy, and hold stocks. Get a daily summary of analyst upgrades, downgrades, and new coverage every day the market is open along with earnings announcements and dividend news. Stock Ratings follows stocks on the NYSE, NASDAQ, Toronto Stock Exchange, and London Stock Exchange. You can also view historical ratings.
If you're into technical analysis, check out Stock TickerPicker, a charting app for the iPhone and iPad. In addition to charts, the app offers real-time stock quotes, watch lists and, for an optional small charge, "Insights" investment research. Supported exchanges include NYSE; NASDAQ; and London, Paris, Toronto, and other foreign exchanges.
Customizable charting features include:
- 5-, 10-, 20-, 50-, 100-, and 200-day simple moving averages
- Views with multiple time frames, such as daily, monthly, and quarterly
- Volume, RSI, MACD, Bollinger Bands, and Fast/Slow Stochastics charts
- Charts that can be saved and viewed later
- Quick zooming in and out
If you prefer web apps, you can use Yahoo! Finance, which allows you to track stocks, as well as currencies and commodities. It features a personalized news stream, interactive graphs and charts, and real-time changes that appear in red.