Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program for Kids
Kids Can Earn Free Books From Barnes and Noble This Summer
Updated for Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program 2017
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids gives kids a free book when they read 8 books over the summer.
Looking for more summer reading programs that will score your kids some freebies? Check out my list of the best summer reading program freebies that includes rewards from Half Price Books, TD Bank, and more.
How to Get Free Books From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
Visit Barnes and Noble summer reading program to download and print a reading journal.
Fill out the student information on the first page of the journal. A parent must sign on this page in order for the child to get a free book.
In the reading log, your child will need to record the title and author, along with their favorite part of eight books to get their free book.
Bring the completed and signed reading journal into your local Barnes and Noble book store between May 16, 2017, and September 5, 2017. Present it to an employee and they will let your child choose a book from the free book list.
The Free Books Available From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
There's a wide variety of free books available for kids from the Barnes and Noble summer reading program. Here's what's available in 2017:
Children in grades 1 and 2 are eligible to receive one of the following books:
- Ameila Bedelia Means Business (Americal Bedelia Chapter Book Series #1)
- Big Shark, Little Shark (Step Into Reading Series)
- Chase's Space Case (PAW Patrol)
- Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries Series #4)
- Inspector Flytrap (Inspector Flytrap Series #1)
- Jorge el curioso construye una casa en un arbol (Curious George Builds a Tree House)
- Pinkalicious: Story Time (I Can Read Series)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Save Your Brains! (I Can Read Book 2 Series)
Kids that are in grades 3 and 4 can pick out one of these books:
- Completely Clementine
- Double Vision (Twintuition Series #1)
- How to Tame a Triceratops (Dino Riders Series)
- Journey to the Orange Islands (Pokemon Chapter Book)
- Judy Moody Was in a Mood (Judy Moody Series #1)
- Las aventuras del Capitan Calzoncillos (The Adventures of Captain Underpants)
- Ms. Joni Is a Phony! (My Weirdest School Series #7)
- Where Is the Great Barrier Reef?
Those children that are in grades 5 and 6 can choose from this list of books:
- Fablehaven (Fablehaven Series #1)
- Gabriela (American Girl: Girl of the Year 2017 Series #1)
- Project Mc2 Smart Is the New Cool
- Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil Series #1)
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer
- The Thing About Jellyfish
- The Unwanteds (The Unwanteds Series #1)
Other Features of the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program website also has parent and educator activity kits. These kits include fun activities about reading that can be completed with a child.
Limits to Be Aware Of
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6.
Only one book is available for each child who completes a reading journal and choice must be made from the selected books available at the store.