Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 6591 -- Aviation Ordnance chief
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to GySgt
Job Description: The aviation ordnance chief supervises the establishment and functions of aviation ordnance activities. The aviation ordnance chief assists the aviation ordnance officer with the daily planning, conduct, and execution of the ordnance section, division, or department. They also serve as staff Action Officers at the MARFOR , MEF, and Wing levels, as well as select Naval and Joint aviation logistics/acquisition billets.
(1) Within two 2 years of promotion to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant, must complete the Aviation Ordnance Officer Career Progression Course, Level I (CID N42G3N3), at NAS Whiting Field, FL.
(2) Marines who handle explosives must meet the criteria to be qualified and certified as per MCO 8023.3.
(3) Must have a secret security clearance.
(4) Must meet the medical requirements for Explosives Handlers and Explosives Vehicle Operators contained in NAVMED P-ll7, Article l5-71B.
(1) Assists the aviation ordnance officer in managing the activities of aviation ordnance personnel in their duties and tasks.
(2) Provides leadership, instruction, training, and mentorship in all matters pertaining to Aviation Ordnance, career progression, and core values.
(3) Prepares orders, naval messages, instructions and SOPs, and safety precautions.
(4) Provides subject matters expertise in planning and implementing aviation ordnance functions.
(5) Provides authoritative representation and advocacy on joint/service staffs for aviation ordnance logistics and acquisition support.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3