Get the Global Locations of Apple Computer Retail Stores
The global demand for Apple Computer products seems to be growing faster than the Apple Computer company can open retail stores to supply the demand.
While it is sometimes possible for international shoppers to purchase Apple electronics products with Internet shopping, it's also the interactive shopping experience which Apple retail stores provide that they also crave. So, a very frequently asked question from shoppers around the world is, "Where are the Apple Computer retail stores located outside of the U.S and around the world?
As of 2016, the Apple Computer Company was operating brick-and-mortar retail stores in more than 18 different countries around the world, including the U.S., where it has retail stores in 45 out of 50 states. However, Apple products are also sold in retail stores like Target and Best Buy in those states not lucky enough to have a brick-and-mortar Apple retail store. And, of course, all Apple products can be purchased through the Internet Apple Store online.
The first two Apple brick-and-mortar retail stores opened in McLean, VA, and Glendale, CA in 2001 The first global Apple Computer retail store opened outside of the U.S. in the Ginza district of Tokyo, Japan in 2003. Apple plans to open 25 new retail stores in China by 2017, which will bring the total number of brick-and-mortar Apple retailers to 40 in China.
The complete list of countries which have at least one active Apple owned and operated brick-and-mortar retail store as of January 2016 is below.
The list of countries is arranged alphabetically.
International Apple Computer Retail Store Locations
- Australia Apple Stores are located in Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, etc.
- Belgium Apple Store is located in Brussels.
- Brazil Apple Stores are located in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- Canada Apple Stores are located in Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, etc.
- China Apple Stores are located in Shanghai, Beijing, Nanjing, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Shenyang, Chongqing, etc.
- France Apple Stores are located in Bordeaux, Dijon, Lyon, Nice, Paris, etc.
- Germany Apple Stores are located in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, etc.
- Hong Kong Apple Stores are located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, Kowloon Tong, and Central.
- Italy Apple Stores are located in Bologna, Firenze, Rome, Torino, etc.
- Japan Apple Stores are located in Osaka, Miyagi, Tokyo, Fukuoka, etc.
- Netherlands Apple Stores are located in Amsterdam, Den Haag, and Haarlem.
- Spain Apple Stores are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Valencia, etc.
- Sweden Apple Stores are located in Helsingborg, Malmö, and Täby.
- Switzerland Apple Stores are located in Basel, Geneva, Glattzentrum bei Wallisellen and Zurich.
- Turkey Apple Stores are located in Istanbul.
- United Arab Emirates Apple Stores are located in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- United Kingdom Apple Stores are located in Aberdeen, Bath, Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Dambridge, Cardiff, Edinburg, Glasgow, Kingston, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Southampton.
- United States Apple Stores are located in all United States except for Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
In addition to these international brick-and-mortar international retail stores, Apple was operating 23 additional Internet retail shopping websites around the world as of January 2016. The countries where consumers can purchase Apple products on official Apple retail shopping websites (in addition to the countries listed above) are:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Korea
As of January 2016, there are more than 450 Apple retail stores in operation around the world, which employ about 50,000 people. Here are some fun facts about Apple retail stores.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple Stores are now one of the most valuable "anchor" stores a retail shopping mall can have. Malls consistently report a 10% increase in sales after an Apple Store becomes part of the mall mix. According to the Wall Street Journal, several New England Apple Stores account for as much as 33% of the total sales for the malls in which they do business.
- Reportedly, more than 1 million customers visit Apple stores each day worldwide, which more than double the attendance at all the Disney Theme Parks around the world combined.
- The busiest Apple Store in the World is the Nanjing East store in Shanghai, China, which attracts about 25,000 customers per day, which is a larger number of tourists that visited the city of Rome in 2015, according to CNN.