Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card Review
Redeem Rewards as You Go
Most rewards credit cards require you to reach a certain amount of rewards before you can make a redemption. The Amazon.com Rewards Visa let you redeem your rewards as you earn them without having to reach a minimum threshold.
Amazon.com Rewards Visa Details
|Sign-up Bonus||$50 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval|
|Balance Transfer APR||16.49%-24.49%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $38|
Pros & Cons of Amazon.com Rewards Visa
What We Like
3% cash back on Amazon or Whole Foods purchases
$50 Amazon gift card upon approval
What We Don't Like
APR varies based on creditworthiness
Not all accounts are eligible for balance transfers
Amazon.com Rewards Visa Sign-up Bonus
If you're approved a $50 gift card will be loaded onto your card instantly. Most other rewards credit cards with signup bonuses require you to spend a certain amount on the card within the first 90 days before you can earn the signup bonus. Then, even after you reach the spending requirement, it can take another 6-8 weeks before the bonus is applied to your account. You can use the Amazon.com bonus instantly.
Earning Points & Rewards
If you make a lot of purchases on Amazon.com, the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card is definitely worth a look. It pays 3% on Amazon.com purchases; 2% at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores; and 1% on all other purchases.
You can redeem points directly on Amazon.com purchases or create a Chase.com account (Chase issues the Amazon.com Rewards Visa), and redeem for a statement credit, gift cards, or travel.
Redeeming your rewards toward Amazon.com purchases is simple and straightforward. You can take $1.00 off your purchase for every 100 points. So, if you've accumulated 1012 points, you can use $10.12 for an Amazon purchase. The points are automatically deducted from your total price when you check out.
Amazon.com Rewards Visa's Other Features
- Travel Accident Insurance: You are eligible to receive accidental death or dismemberment coverage of up to $500,000.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: You’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Baggage Delay Insurance:Reimbursed for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Legal and medical referrals or other travel and emergency assistance. (You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services obtained.)
- Zero Fraud Liability: Never be held accountable for unauthorized purchases on your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most rental cars in the United States and abroad.
- Roadside Dispatch: Anything from a tow or jumpstart to a tire change, lockout service, winching or gas delivery. Fees will be provided when you call and will be billed to your card.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extends the time period for the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties.
- Purchase Protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
Amazon.com Rewards Visa's Additional Fees
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Cash Advance APR||27.24%|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction|
Is This Card Right For You
The Amazon.com Rewards Visa is a solid rewards card for Amazon.com shoppers, who get 3% back on Amazon purchases. The APR is a little high if you do not have great credit. If you do, and do not shop on Amazon that much, you will likely qualify for rewards cards with benefits better suited to your needs.
There is also the Amazon Prime Store Card. Amazon Prime members make a lot of Amazon.com purchases and always pay their balances in full may prefer the Amazon Prime Store Card. The Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card would make a better primary credit card since you can use it at more places and earn rewards on those purchases too.
Go to the Amazon.com credit card page to learn more and apply for a card.
Credit card terms and sign-up bonuses are subject to change from the time of this review. Refer to the application for current terms and conditions.