Allie Grace Garnett
- Cryptocurrency content editor for The Balance
- Former investment banker with more than 5 years of experience as a financial writer and editor
- Previously reported on cryptocurrency for the global financial news service MT Newswires
- Assisted with development of a crypto SEO content strategy for The Motley Fool
- Holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School
Allie is a financial writer and editor with over five years of experience. An investment banker turned journalist, Allie reported on cryptocurrency and headed coverage of global ESG news for MT Newswires, a financial news service with global distribution. During her stint at The Motley Fool, Allie contributed to early efforts to develop a digital assets content strategy for the organization. Allie’s writing on cryptocurrency has also appeared in Decrypt and other publications.
Previously, Allie worked in the traditional finance industry with a focus on climate-related and sustainable investments. She co-founded an energy efficiency project finance firm and raised capital for institutional scale renewable energy funds. Her passion for writing and editing extends back to high school, during which Allie held two editorship positions on the school’s award-winning newspaper.
Allie holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School. She previously earned a Bachelor of Science degree in civil and environmental engineering from Northeastern University.