Acceptance Insurance Company Review
Not everyone has a perfect driving record. Sometimes people have auto accidents or may get speeding tickets even if they are normally a very careful driver. Too many tickets and accidents may make it hard for these people to find a reliable and affordable insurance company for auto insurance. For people who need high-risk auto insurance, a non-standard auto insurance company may be the best option.
Acceptance Insurance is a non-standard auto carrier headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee. Acceptance Insurance provides automobile insurance coverage and related products in 17 states with more than 344 retail locations and more than 700 agents to service customers. Insurance customers with these special needs or circumstances may find an affordable insurance option through Acceptance Insurance:
- High-risk drivers
- SR 22 auto insurance
- Non-owner auto insurance
- Nonstandard auto insurance
- Bad credit
- Homeowners insurance (not available in all states)
- Teenage auto insurance
- Senior auto insurance
- Drivers who have been refused coverage
Some insurance agencies/companies look at your payment history including late and missed payments which can factor into the price you pay for auto insurance.
Financial Stability and Customer Service Ratings
Acceptance Insurance has a "B- Fair" with A.M. Best insurance rating organization. The company has an “A+“ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Acceptance Insurance does not have a BBB accreditation. Over a three-year time period, there were 160 complaints with 46 closed complaints during the last 12 months. The majority of complaints fell under the category of a "problem with a product or service."
At Acceptance Insurance, customers can receive a quote online, by telephone, or through a local agent. From the website, you can receive a quote and store it there should you decide to purchase the policy at a later date. Auto coverage policies are customizable based on your needs.
With the auto policy, you can buy basic liability coverage, comprehensive, collision, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Here is a listing of the insurance products and policy options available through Acceptance Insurance:
- Auto: Acceptance offers several types of auto insurance including bad credit, liability, non-standard, SR22, high risk, non-owner, senior and teenager.
- Motorcycle: Comprehensive, military, custom, roadside assistance
- Renters: Apartment, liability, contents
- Roadside Assistance: 24/7 roadside assistance; includes towing and winching, emergency fluids, flat tires, jump-starts, lockout service
- Homeowners: Several homeowners policy options are available including all-risk (HO3), Condo (HO6), Modified homeowners policy for older homes (HO8), Dwelling (DP3), and mobile home coverage (MDP).
- Commercial: Business Owners Policy (BOP), Commercial Auto, General Liability, Inland Marine, Professional Liability, Surety Bonds, Workers’ Compensation
- Pet: Coverage for routine medical expenses and unexpected accidents or illnesses
- Life: Term Life Insurance
- Travel: Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance
- Telemed: Telemed is a subscription service to access board-certified doctors to consult, diagnose, and prescribe medication for non-emergency illnesses. Two plans are available: Telemed Standard comes with a $12/month subscription fee, $25 co-pay and 24/7 access; Telemed Plus is $20/month with 24/7 access and a $0 co-pay.
States Where Coverage Is Available
Acceptance Insurance offers coverage in the following states:
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
For claims service, customers can file a claim online or call a dedicated claims reporting line. Customers are able to call and check the status of claims at 1-800-779-2103 or by emailing email@example.com. When you report a claim, a claims representative will contact you to review. To check the status of a claim that has been filed, call 1-800-779-2103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance Insurance recommends filing a police report for damage or theft to a vehicle to document the circumstances.
Getting an Auto Quote Online
To begin the quote process, you’ll first enter your zip code. After this, you’ll be prompted to enter some primary information about your vehicle and its usage, including year, make and model, sub-model, ownership info, primary use info, annual mileage, night parking, and coverage desired. Next, you are asked for more personal information, including marital status, date of birth, the age you received your driver’s license, credit rating, education level, and your occupation. Acceptance will also ask about any driver’s license suspensions, revocations, SR-22 responsibility form requirements, and if you’ve had any claim or violations in the last three years.
Pros and Cons
Acceptance Insurance provides affordable rates to customers who may not qualify for a standard auto insurance carrier. Customer testimonials have also stated that the company gives friendly and reliable customer service.
You can receive a free quote online or through a local agent. The website offers many helpful resources to insurance customers including:
- Listing of All Products and Services Offered
- Coverage, Policy and Claims FAQs
- Policy Services to Request Change or Update to Policy
- Online Payments
- Auto Insurance Tips
- Claims FAQs
The company offers a mobile insurance application for policy holders, making payments and policy services convenient for customers.
One drawback is that Acceptance Insurance only has a "B-" rating with A.M. Best insurance rating organization. While this rating is not the worst (B- is considered a fair rating), it is also not the best. Financial stability is important for an insurance company in being able to meet financial obligations and pay any claims.
With the Better Business Bureau, although the overall rating for Acceptance Insurance is an “A+,” the majority of complaints were in the area of problems with the product or service.
If you are looking for multiple lines of coverage, you may not be able to find coverage for all of your insurance needs with Acceptance Insurance. Coverage is only available in 17 states, and the homeowner’s insurance policy is not available in all states.
To learn more about auto insurance from Acceptance Insurance or to receive a quote, you can visit the Acceptance Insurance website or call 1-877-405-7102, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST; or Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST. There is a separate contact number for customer service, 1-800-321-0899. You can also find a local agent if you prefer from the company's website.