US Army Enlisted Job Descriptions
35T - Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer/Integrator
Basic Job Description
The MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator is primarily responsible for maintaining and integrating intelligence gathering systems, computers and networks used by MI Soldiers.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
Maintain, test and repair communications equipment. Maintain and integrate MI computers and networks. Assess and extract data from fixed, portable and wireless storage/communication devices.
Perform pre, during, and post-mission operational checks on MI aerial platforms, sensors, and systems. Maintains HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave frequency receivers, processing and storage equipment, computer peripherals, antennas, modulators, demodulators, multiplexers, demultiplexers, signal monitors, and direction finding associate with electronic warfare/intercept system. Prepares maintenance forms and records. Makes detailed test on electrical and mechanical equipment using multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, wire diagrams, logic and signal flow charts, technical manuals, troubleshooting charts, performance aids, schematic. logic diagrams, and other measurement and diagnostic equipment.
Maintain electronic warfare/intercept receivers, processing and storage equipment and computer peripherals. Diagnoses unusual and complex malfunctions in electronic warfare/intercept Systems and equipment located at fixed station, remote sites and Army depots.
Operates automatic and special test equipment to perform Wow and Flutter Test, Harmonic Distortion Test, Wave Ratio Measurement, DC Resistant, Impedance Mismatches, Reflectometry Test and other distortion test to isolate faults and takes corrective action to assure equipment fidelity. Supervises lower grade personnel in the performance of their duties and assists in conducting formal and informal SOJT programs.
Performs as assistant instructor at the service school.
Job training for a military intelligence systems maintainer/integrator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 42 weeks of Advanced Individual Training practicing with equipment.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electronic principles
- Maintenance procedures
- Computer networks, hardware and software
ASVAB Score Required: 112 in aptitude area ST
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Strength Requirement: medium
Physical Profile Requirement: 222221
- Normal color vision required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Soldier and spouse must not have immediate family members who reside in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice
- Must have neither commercial nor vested interest in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice against persons acting in the interest of the U.S. This requirement applies to the soldier's spouse as well
- Completed a high school algebra course or equivalent
- Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps
- No record of conviction by court-martial
- No record of conviction by a civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violation
Similar Civilian Occupations
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers